Each year at our Annual Meeting, the Economic Development Board presents the “Excellent 10” list of ten great economic development projects in Pierce County that were worked on or completed between January and December of the previous year. The projects on the list vary from industrial and office expansions to educational facilities to sewer infrastructure, or from hospitals to museums.
The Economic Development Board did not work on all of these projects, although they had a hand in, or took the lead on a few.
THE EDB 2017 EXCELLENT 10 ARE:
- Benaroya Donation to TAM (Tacoma)
- Commencement Bay Corrugated (CBC) (Orting Valley)
- FedEx Ground (Fife)
- Mitsui-Soko (U.S.A.) Inc. (Frederickson)
- NewCold (Tacoma)
- Chambers Creek RWWTP Facility (University Place)
- Prologis Site 14 (Tacoma/Fife)
- Point Defiance Bypass (Tacoma)
- SR167/SR509 (Regional)
- Urban Housing (Regional)
View the past winners: