The Washington State Department of Commerce is now accepting applications its fourth round of Working Washington Grants for small businesses. The application portal for the COVID-19 emergency grants opened March 29. Applications will be accepted through until 5 pm on April 9.
Here are some of the criteria for this latest round of grants:
- Maximum grant award will be $25,000.
- Grants are not first come, first served. All applicants who meet eligibility requirements and apply during the open period will be considered.
- Grants must be equitably distributed statewide and to historically underserved and disadvantaged populations.
- Grants are aimed at for-profit small businesses in industries that have hard costs associated with their operations, and have faced the most significant challenges paying those hard costs due to COVID-19 closures. (Hard costs include rent, utilities, payroll, personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Eligible businesses must operate from a brick-and-mortar location separate from their home.
More information and a link to the application portal are available at commercegrants.com.