We’re operating on a whole new plane.
Tacoma-Pierce County has deep aerospace roots. We are part of the supply chain for Boeing’s 737, 747, 767, 777, and 787.
We go further.
Our global reach and experienced manufacturing network have expertise in: composites, plastics, and advanced materials; fabrication, machining and tooling; testing and engineering; assembly and metal finishing.
Highly skilled aerospace talent supply
Nine regional colleges and universities, along with 12 technical schools, produce 54,200 graduates each year. The University of Washington Tacoma, and Bates and Clover Park Technical Colleges each serve as a significant pipeline of aerospace workers.
Recognized as great for business, great place to live
The Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue region was a Top 10 Best Places to Live according to the U.S. News & World Report, making it easy for companies to recruit top talent.
Forbes listed the Tacoma-Lakewood metro area #10 on its Best Places for Business and Careers.
Aerospace industry incentives
- No sales tax or use tax on machinery and equipment used in manufacturing operations
- No sales or use tax for aerospace businesses for computer hardware/software/peripherals
- B&O credit for property/leasehold taxes paid on aerospace business facilities
- 40% reduction in Business & Occupation (B&O) tax rate for aerospace businesses
- No retail sales or use tax for the construction of new facilities used for airplane repair and maintenance
- One of the largest, most successful foreign trade zones
- Workforce training grants and credits
- Other project-specific state and local programs
Join the supply chain
Governor Inslee’s top priority is to create an economic climate where innovation and entrepreneurship can continue to thrive and create well-paying jobs in every corner of our state.
The aerospace industry is a source of pride for thousands of employees and hundreds of businesses across the state. In Pierce County alone, roughly 80 businesses support the aerospace ecosystem as suppliers and manufacturers.
- Aerospace Competitive Economics Study
Washington state is the best, most competitive, location in the U.S. for aerospace design and manufacturing, according to a comprehensive, independent report released on June 6, 2018 by Gov. Jay Inslee and members of the Choose Washington New Middle-of-the-Market Airplane (NMA) Council.
- 2018 Aerospace and Defense Market Report
Containing over 100 figures and tables, the 2018 Aerospace & Defence Market Report on the global aerospace and defense industry is a strategic and analytical coverage of the industry.
- Download the Pierce County Aerospace Industry Spotlight
Download the Pierce County Aerospace Industry Spotlight
- Download the Pierce County Aerospace Suppliers Guide
- Aerospace News in Pierce County
Join our successful aerospace supply chain, where your business will soar to new heights.
Vice President for Business Recruitment