A big welcome to the EDB’s newest board members, elected on March 18.
“My heartfelt thanks to the Nominations Committee for their work crafting a slate of fantastic candidates,” said EDB President Bruce Kendall. Kudos to co-chairs Lisa Goodman (Benaroya Company) and Hyun Kim (City of Fife) for leading this effort, along with committee members Jackie Flowers (Tacoma Public Utilities), Bev Losey (Brown & Brown of Washington), Mary Ragsdale (CHI Franciscan, St. Anthony Hospital) and Matt Perry (Puget Sound Energy). “Everyone was engaged, thoughtful and deliberative throughout the process,” Kendall said.
Learn more about the EDB’s newest board members on their Linkedin profiles (and be sure to follow them while you’re there).
New private sector board members
- Shelly Andrew, Gordon Thomas Honeywell (gth-law.com/attorney/shelly-m-andrew/)
- Jim Beatty, MultiCare (com/in/jim-beatty-650b45b/)
- Bett Lucas, Seaport Sound Terminal (com/in/bett-lucas-9541313/)
- Billy Hobson, Brown & Brown (com/in/billy-hobson-arm- 58467348/)
- David Huang, SeaTac Packaging (com/in/dhuang/)
- David Moore Devine, Columbia Bank (com/in/david-moore-devine- 73487a190/)
- Doug Oberst, BCRA (com/in/douglas-oberst-b2034a1a/)
- Chris Tubig, Tacoma Arts Live (com/in/tubig)
New small business board members Markiss Cooper, iHaul (linkedin.com/in/markiss-a-cooper-54790628/)
- Mihira “Mike” de Alwis, Bourbon Street Creole Kitchen (bourbonstreetpuyallup.com)
New nongovernmental organization board member
- Lori Forte Harnick, Goodwill Olympics & Rainier Region (linkedin.com/in/loriharnick/)
New public sector board member
- Marty Campbell, Pierce County Council, District 5 (com/in/marty-campbell-383a897/)