Ongoing COVID-19 Business Information and Resources Webinar – every Monday and Wednesday!
Updated May 14, 2021 at 8:35 AM
The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development
Board for Tacoma-Pierce County are launching a series of regular conference calls to discuss the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We will cover what is known to date about existing and emerging assistance to companies and employees impacted by COVID-19.
Bottom-line: we know that you are all working to keep your businesses running and profitable and we want to do everything we can to help. Information sharing and models of best practices will be key to our collective success. Pierce County is open for business!
To ask questions of the panelists please email email@example.com. Call will be listen only.
NEXT CALL: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Congressman Derek Kilmer, Washington’s 6th Congressional District
- Geoff Lawrence, Project Manager, Consultant, Impact Washington
- Dave Nierescher, Innovation & Special Project Manager, Impact Washington
US: +16699006833,,843841095# or +13462487799,,843841095#
+1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 843 841 095
For up to the minute info on where and how you can get your employees and their families vaccinated go to: Covid-19 Vaccine Information | Pierce County, WA – Official Website
You can listen to past conference calls/webinars here:
- Monday, March 16, 2020 – Pierce County Resources For Your Business
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – State and Federal Resources For Your Business
- Friday, March 20, 2020 – Health Care and Insurance Information and Updates For Business
- Monday, March 23, 2020 – City of Tacoma Provides Information and Resources for Tacoma Businesses and residents.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – Health and Safety Questions and Business Resources
- Friday, March 27, 2020 – Info on the Federal Coronavirus Relief and Economic Securities (CARE) Act.
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – Local and State Small Business Emergency Loan Information
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – Local Business and Associations Discussions
- Friday, April 3, 2020 – Congressman Adam Smith and SBA Dir. Kerrie Hurd discuss Federal and State COVID-19 Responses
- Monday, April 6, 2020 – Latest updates on Federal, State and Local Relief/AID for Small Businesses
- Wednesday, April 8, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Friday, April 10, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Monday, April 13, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 – COVID-19 Questions answered by Rep Jake Fey
- Friday, April 17, 2020 – Government policy and insurance expert answer questions
- Monday, April 20, 2020 – Insurance and business development questions
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – Updates on JBLM, Pierce Transit and local healthcare updates
- Friday, April 24, 2020 – $11M PSE Fund and Info on Tax Responsibilities
- Monday, April 27, 2020 – Congressman Denny Heck on PPP refunding
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – Pierce County standing today, and the path to recovery with City and State strategies.
- Friday, May 1, 2020 – Update on CARES Act reopened programs and employment discussion with WorkForce Central.
- Monday, May 4, 2020 – Congressman Derek Kilmer answers questions about Federal Relief Aid
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 – Healthcare and Hospitality updates and best practices for getting back to work.
- Friday, May 8, 2020 – PPP Loan forgiveness info, unemployment and other business questions.
- Monday, May 11, 2020 – PPP Questions, back to work planning
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – PPP and financial questions answered plus crisis resources for employers.
- Friday, May 15, 2020 – PPP regulations, reopening business protection, landlord/tenant considerations
- Monday, May 18, 2020 – PPP regulations, health and safety considerations for reopening.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – PPP forgiveness regulations getting back to work.
- Friday, May 22, 2020 – Unemployment benefits information and Pierce County updates.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – Understanding PPP forgiveness regulations and hospitality industry prep for Phase 2.
- Friday, May 29, 2020 – Answers from government pandemic response agencies, construction sector update, and moving to phase 2.
- Monday, June 1, 2020 – The Path Forward: US Chamber, PPP lending, and manufacturing and employment concerns. PPP Update Presentation Slides.
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 – Pandemic updates from the ESD, Tacoma, and the Governor’s Office.
- Monday, June 8, 2020 – Phase 2 information for Pierce County.
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020 – Phase 2 Compliance and Best Practices. Presentation Here.
- Monday, June 15, 2020 – Phase 2 Re-Opening SBA and L&I Questions. Presentation Here.
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020 – Rep Derek Kilmer, the HERO’s Act, Pierce Transit and Transportation during Phase 2.
- Monday, June 22, 2020 – Education, PPP Funding, and Trade Adjustment Resources.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020 – Higher Education, Real Estate Industry, and Information from the Employment Security Department.
- Monday, June 29, 2020 – Employment Equity and Safety Issues. Alera Presentation.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 – Pierce County Outlook, insider insights into the economy and workforce development. Port of Tacoma Presentation Slides.
- Monday, July 13, 2020 – Tacoma Economy, loans and grants, workforce, and PPP forgiveness questions.
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Updates and Answers From WA Public School, the Master Builders Association, and the YMCA.
- Monday, July 20, 2020 – Helping Those in Need, Tourism, Staying Above the Curve, and Update on Federal Response.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 – Updates from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington Hospitality, and Pierce County Health Department.
- Monday, July 27, 2020 – City and School Updates, Employment Updates from Washington’s Employment Security Department.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2020 – Insights From the Front Lines: Hospitality, Retail, and Health Care.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 – New Pierce Transit Routs, Goodwill Updates, and Economic Impacts and Planning. Pierce Transit Route Map.
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 – Education, Childcare, and Pierce County Business Community Update.
- Monday, August 10, 2020 – Pierce County Pandemic Update and Puyallup School District Information.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – Representative Kilmer and WA Retail Association Answer Your COVID-19 Concerns. WA Retail Association Presentation.
- Monday, August 17, 2020 – TPCH Director and Tacoma Urban League CEO provide COVID-19 updates. Shared report from call.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 – Business Employee Child Care during COVID-19. PSE’s COVID Response Presentation. Alera’s Presentation.
- Monday, August 24, 2020 – Pierce County Rental Assistance and Childcare Programs. Pierce County Program Information. Program Informational Video. Foreclosure Prevention Counseling and Mortgage Assistance Program Application.
- Monday, August 31, 2020 – Tacoma Public Schools Update, Mental Health and Family Services programs discussion with Pierce County and HopeSparks Family Services. HopeSparks’ Presentation Slides.
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020 – YMCA Programming and Schools, City of Puyallup Small Business Programming Efforts, and Economic Development Board Vitality Grants.
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020 – Employee Benefits, Property and Liability Questions, Bowling During the Pandemic, and EDB Small Business Vitality Grants.
- Monday, September 14, 2020 – Alaska Air on the Safety of Flying and Comcast on Tech during COVID-19.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020 – Clover Park’s Plan for Successful Schooling and Local Employment Figures.
- Monday, September 21, 2020 – Unemployment Compensation, Lost Wages Assistance, and Important Voting Information. General Election Voting Information & Lost Wages Assistance Information Sheet.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 – Updates on Federal COVID-19 Relief and Shifting Programming of Tacoma Public Library.
- Monday, September 28, 2020 – Updates PP Loan Forgiveness Requirements and Info on Pierce Country Connected Fund
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 – Pierce County Government Response Updates, Hospital Industry Guidance, and Lakewood Business Rental Assistance.
- Monday, October 5, 2020 – Art Programming During the Pandemic and Web Strategies to Help Businesses Continue. SiteCrafting Presentation. Spaceworks Presentation.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 – Insight’s into Tacoma’s Economic Health and Pandemic Response, and the work of Graduate Tacoma.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 – Media and Realty Industries Update and Pierce County Business Assistance Update.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 – TPU’s Pandemic Response and Business’s Role in Reducing Poverty
- Monday, October 26, 2020 – Updates on the Federal Pandemic Response and the Importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 – Election Updates, Boeing and Info on Restaurant Rally
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 – Federal Pandemic Relief Update and Planning for Workforce Development
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 – Shopping Local for the Holidays During Coronavirus
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 – Helping Businesses During the Holidays and the Current State of Covid: Restrictions, Hospitalizations, and Vaccine
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 – The Health Report for Tacoma-Pierce County, Economic Outlook, and Prospects for Federal Aid. See US Chamber of Commerce Presentation.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2020 – US Chamber’s Childcare/Workforce Survey Results and Year End Tax/PPP Info. See US Chamber of Commerce Presentation.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020 – Information on New Federal Relief Package
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021 – The Port and Pierce County Wrap Up 2020 and Look Ahead to the New Year.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021 – Updates on Workforce, the Federal Pandemic Relief Package, and the Events in DC.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 – The Latest Info on Unemployment Security and a Preview of the Horizons Economic Forecast.
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021 – The Latest on Pierce County Vaccine Distribution Plans and PPP Availability and Forgiveness.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021 – Latest on Pierce County and Chamber Policy Priorities and info on events being held at the Tacoma Convention Center during the Pandemic
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 – Washington State’s role in beating the pandemic.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 – Small business resources – employee tax credits, PSE foundation grants, and more. PSE Presentation. RSM US LLP Presentation.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021 – Workforce Development now, and post-pandemic predictions as well as transportation and federal legislation updates. Sound Transit Slide Presentation.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 – Safe school openings, vaccination progress, and insights into the new federal pandemic relief package.
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 – City and County year in review: recovery efforts, vaccinations, back to school and back to work.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 – Latest info on fed relief funding for your business and health department testing information. Health Dept. Testing Options Information.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 – WA State Working Grants, Updates from Metro Parks, and programs at the Children’s Museum. Commerce Dept Working Grants Presentation.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 – Hospitality industry responds to Pierce County phase rollback and Tacoma Arts Live gives update.
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021 – Pierce County’s Vaccination Plans – where, when who, how – questions answered; Plus downtown: on the go! discusses transportation as the economy opens.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 – Venues and events in Tacoma including vaccinations and Spaceworks new Black Business Accelerator and Pierce Transit updates.
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021 – 2021 Legislative wrap-up and WA hospitality association campaign. WAHA Reopening Plan Presentation.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 – Operation Control Our Own Destiny – Get Pierce County Vaccinated!
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021 – Operation Control Our Own Destiny – Part II
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021 – Information to help employers with staffing challenges and PSE Programs for business. PSE Presentation Slides.