Ongoing COVID-19 Business Information and Resources Webinar – every Monday and Wednesday!
Updated July 8, 2020 at 9:24 AM
The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development
Board for Tacoma-Pierce County are launching a series of regular conference calls to discuss the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We will cover what is known to date about existing and emerging assistance to companies and employees impacted by COVID-19.
Bottom-line: we know that you are all working to keep your businesses running and profitable and we want to do everything we can to help. Information sharing and models of best practices will be key to our collective success. Pierce County is open for business!
Meeting times subject to change to ensure the availability of speakers and to be respectful of other important news events. Please check our website and social media for daily updates on meeting times.
To ask questions of the panelists please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Call will be listen only.
NEXT CALL: Monday, July 13, 2020
Call Opens at 10:45am and go from 11:00am-12:00pm
Victoria Woodards, Mayor, City of Tacoma
Pam Cody, President, Sound Tax and Accounting
Monica Blackwood, President and CEO, West Sound Workforce
Tom Pierson, CEO, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
Bruce Kendall, CEO, Pierce County Economic Development
John Powers, Exec Director, Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 843 841 095
US: +16699006833,,843841095# or +13462487799,,843841095#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 301 715 8592 or
+1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782
You can listen to past conference calls/webinars here:
- Pierce County Resources for Your Business – Monday, March 16, 2020 at 11:00am. Listen Here
- State and Federal Resources for Your Business. – Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:30am. Listen Here
- How to Help Employees, Unemployment, Healthcare System Readiness. – Friday, March 20, 2020 at 11:00am. Listen Here
- The City of Tacoma Provides Information and Resources to Tacoma Businesses and Residents. – Monday, March 23, 2020 at 11:00am. Listen Here
- Health and Safety Questions and Business Resources – Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 11:00am. Listen Here
- Information on the Federal Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act – Friday, March 27, 2020 at 11:00am. Listen Here
- Local and State Small Business Emergency Loan Information – Monday, March 30, 2020. Listen Here
- Local Business and Associations Discussion – Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Listen Here
- Congressman Adam Smith and SBA Director Kerrie Hurd Discuss Federal and State COVID-19 Responses – Friday, April 3, 2020. Listen Here
- Latest updates on Federal, State, and Local Relief/AID for Small Businesses – Monday, April 6, 2020. Listen Here
- In-depth Discussion About COVID-19 Small Business Aid/Loans & Employment Issues – Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Listen Here.
- Port update and labor issues discussion – Monday, April 13, 2020. Listen Here.
- COVID-19 Questions answered by Representative Jake Fey – Wednesday, April 15, 2020. Listen Here.
- Government Policy and Insurance Experts Answer Your Question – Friday, April 17, 2020. Listen Here.
- Insurance and Business Development Experts Answer Your Questions – Monday, April 20, 2020. Listen Here. Presentation Materials from discussion: Impact Washington Slides, Wilson Albers Slides
- JBLM, Transit and Local Healthcare Updates – Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Listen Here.
- $11M PSE Fund and Info on Tax Responsibilities – Friday, April 24, 2020. Listen Here.
- Congressman Denny Heck on PPP Refunding – Monday, April 27, 2020. Listen Here.
- Pierce County Update and Recovery Discussions Federal, State, and Local – Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Listen Here.
- Information and updates for refunded CARES Act programs and Employment discussion. – Friday, May 1, 2020. Listen Here.
- Congressman Derek Kilmer with Federal Relief and recovery discussion. – Monday, May 4, 2020. Listen Here.
- Health care, Testing, Benefits, Hospitality Industry, and Getting Back to Work. – Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Info, Unemployment Questions, and Pivoting Your Business. Friday, May 8, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP Questions, Back to Work Planning, and Silvercloud Hospitality Case Study – Monday, May 11, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP and Financial Questions Answered and Crisis Resources for Employers. – Wednesday, May 13, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP Regulations, Reopening Business Protection, and Landlord/Tenant Considerations. – Friday, May 15, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP Regulations and Health/Saftey Considerations for Reopening. – Monday, May 18, 2020. Listen Here.
- PPP Forgiveness Regulations for Getting Back to Work. – Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Listen Here. Presentation Slides. Slides with Notes.
- Unemployment Benefits Insights and County Updates. – Friday, May 22, 2020. Listen Here.
- Understanding PPP Forgiveness Regulations and Hospitality Industry Prep for Phase 2. – Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Listen Here. Presentation PDF.
- Answers from Government Pandemic Response Agencies, Construction Sector Update, and Moving to Phase 2. – Friday, May 29, 2020. Listen Here.
- Manufacturing and Employment Concerns, Discussing as Path Forward – Monday, June 1, 2020. Listen Here. US Chamber Presentation Slides.
- Pandemic Updates from ESD, Tacoma & Governor Inslee’s Office – Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Listen Here.
- Phase 2 in Pierce County – Monday, June 8, 2020. Listen Here.
- Phase 2 Compliance and Best Practices – Wednesday, June 10, 2020. Listen Here. Workforce Compliance Presentation.
- Phase 2 Opening Information from SBA – Monday, June 15, 2020. Listen Here. Presentation Slides.
- Rep Derek Kilmer on the HERO’s Act, Pierce Transit, and Transit During Phase 2 – Wednesday, June 22. Listen Here.
- Education, PPP Funding, and Trader Adjustment Resources – Monday, June 22, 2020. Listen Here.
- Higher Education, the Real Estate Industry, and Answers from the Employment Security Department – Wednesday, June 24, 2020. Listen Here.
- Employment Equity and Safety Issues in the Time of COVID-19 – Monday, June 29, 2020. Listen Here.
- Pierce County Outlook – Wednesday, July 8, 2020. Listen Here.