Ongoing COVID-19 Business Information and Resources Webinar – every Monday and Wednesday!
Updated September 25, 2020 at 7:26 AM
The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development
Board for Tacoma-Pierce County are launching a series of regular conference calls to discuss the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We will cover what is known to date about existing and emerging assistance to companies and employees impacted by COVID-19.
Bottom-line: we know that you are all working to keep your businesses running and profitable and we want to do everything we can to help. Information sharing and models of best practices will be key to our collective success. Pierce County is open for business!
Meeting times subject to change to ensure the availability of speakers and to be respectful of other important news events. Please check our website and social media for daily updates on meeting times.
To ask questions of the panelists please email email@example.com. Call will be listen only.
NEXT CALL: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Call Opens at 10:45am and go from 11:00am-12:00pm
Bruce Dammeier, Pierce County Executive
Joe Bushnell, Government Affairs Manager, Washington Hospitality Association
Becky Newton, Economic Development Manager, City of Lakewood
Bruce Kendall, CEO, Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County
Tom Pierson, CEO, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
John Powers, Exec Director, Kitsap Economic Development Alliance
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 843 841 095
US: +16699006833,,843841095# or +13462487799,,843841095#
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 301 715 8592 or
+1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782
You can listen to past conference calls/webinars here:
- Monday, March 16, 2020 – Pierce County Resources For Your Business
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – State and Federal Resources For Your Business
- Friday, March 20, 2020 – Health Care and Insurance Information and Updates For Business
- Monday, March 23, 2020 – City of Tacoma Provides Information and Resources for Tacoma Businesses and residents.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 – Health and Safety Questions and Business Resources
- Friday, March 27, 2020 – Info on the Federal Coronavirus Relief and Economic Securities (CARE) Act.
- Monday, March 30, 2020 – Local and State Small Business Emergency Loan Information
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – Local Business and Associations Discussions
- Friday, April 3, 2020 – Congressman Adam Smith and SBA Dir. Kerrie Hurd discuss Federal and State COVID-19 Responses
- Monday, April 6, 2020 – Latest updates on Federal, State and Local Relief/AID for Small Businesses
- Wednesday, April 8, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Friday, April 10, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Monday, April 13, 2020 – In-depth Discussion on Small Business Loans and Resources
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 – COVID-19 Questions answered by Rep Jake Fey
- Friday, April 17, 2020 – Government policy and insurance expert answer questions
- Monday, April 20, 2020 – Insurance and business development questions
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – Updates on JBLM, Pierce Transit and local healthcare updates
- Friday, April 24, 2020 – $11M PSE Fund and Info on Tax Responsibilities
- Monday, April 27, 2020 – Congressman Denny Heck on PPP refunding
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – Pierce County standing today, and the path to recovery with City and State strategies.
- Friday, May 1, 2020 – Update on CARES Act reopened programs and employment discussion with WorkForce Central.
- Monday, May 4, 2020 – Congressman Derek Kilmer answers questions about Federal Relief Aid
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020 – Healthcare and Hospitality updates and best practices for getting back to work.
- Friday, May 8, 2020 – PPP Loan forgiveness info, unemployment and other business questions.
- Monday, May 11, 2020 – PPP Questions, back to work planning
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – PPP and financial questions answered plus crisis resources for employers.
- Friday, May 15, 2020 – PPP regulations, reopening business protection, landlord/tenant considerations
- Monday, May 18, 2020 – PPP regulations, health and safety considerations for reopening.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 – PPP forgiveness regulations getting back to work.
- Friday, May 22, 2020 – Unemployment benefits information and Pierce County updates.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – Understanding PPP forgiveness regulations and hospitality industry prep for Phase 2.
- Friday, May 29, 2020 – Answers from government pandemic response agencies, construction sector update, and moving to phase 2.
- Monday, June 1, 2020 – The Path Forward: US Chamber, PPP lending, and manufacturing and employment concerns. PPP Update Presentation Slides.
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 – Pandemic updates from the ESD, Tacoma, and the Governor’s Office.
- Monday, June 8, 2020 – Phase 2 information for Pierce County.
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020 – Phase 2 Compliance and Best Practices. Presentation Here.
- Monday, June 15, 2020 – Phase 2 Re-Opening SBA and L&I Questions. Presentation Here.
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020 – Rep Derek Kilmer, the HERO’s Act, Pierce Transit and Transportation during Phase 2.
- Monday, June 22, 2020 – Education, PPP Funding, and Trade Adjustment Resources.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020 – Higher Education, Real Estate Industry, and Information from the Employment Security Department.
- Monday, June 29, 2020 – Employment Equity and Safety Issues. Alera Presentation.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 – Pierce County Outlook, insider insights into the economy and workforce development. Port of Tacoma Presentation Slides.
- Monday, July 13, 2020 – Tacoma Economy, loans and grants, workforce, and PPP forgiveness questions.
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Updates and Answers From WA Public School, the Master Builders Association, and the YMCA.
- Monday, July 20, 2020 – Helping Those in Need, Tourism, Staying Above the Curve, and Update on Federal Response.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 – Updates from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington Hospitality, and Pierce County Health Department.
- Monday, July 27, 2020 – City and School Updates, Employment Updates from Washington’s Employment Security Department.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2020 – Insights From the Front Lines: Hospitality, Retail, and Health Care.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 – New Pierce Transit Routs, Goodwill Updates, and Economic Impacts and Planning. Pierce Transit Route Map.
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 – Education, Childcare, and Pierce County Business Community Update.
- Monday, August 10, 2020 – Pierce County Pandemic Update and Puyallup School District Information.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – Representative Kilmer and WA Retail Association Answer Your COVID-19 Concerns. WA Retail Association Presentation.
- Monday, August 17, 2020 – TPCH Director and Tacoma Urban League CEO provide COVID-19 updates. Shared report from call.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 – Business Employee Child Care during COVID-19. PSE’s COVID Response Presentation. Alera’s Presentation.
- Monday, August 24, 2020 – Pierce County Rental Assistance and Childcare Programs. Pierce County Program Information. Program Informational Video. Foreclosure Prevention Counseling and Mortgage Assistance Program Application.
- Monday, August 31, 2020 – Tacoma Public Schools Update, Mental Health and Family Services programs discussion with Pierce County and HopeSparks Family Services. HopeSparks’ Presentation Slides.
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020 – YMCA Programming and Schools, City of Puyallup Small Business Programming Efforts, and Economic Development Board Vitality Grants.e
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020 – Employee Benefits, Property and Liability Questions, Bowling During the Pandemic, and EDB Small Business Vitality Grants.
- Monday, September 14, 2020 – Alaska Air on the Safety of Flying and Comcast on Tech during COVID-19.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020 – Clover Park’s Plan for Successful Schooling and Local Employment Figures.
- Monday, September 21, 2020 – Unemployment Compensation, Lost Wages ASsistance, and Important Voting Information. General Election Voting Information & Lost Wages Assistance Information Sheet.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 – Updates on Federal COVID-19 Relief and Shifting Programming of Tacoma Public Library.
- Monday, September 28, 2020 – Updates PP Loan Forgiveness Requirements and Info on Pierce Country Connected Fund