National COVID-19 Information and Federal Resources for Your Business
Updated January 25, 2021 at 9:15 AM.
This page is dedicated to providing national information and links to federal resources. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page, you can find Washington State information here, or Pierce County information here.
Federal Relief Programs
- Emergency Injury Disaster Loan
- Second Draw of PPP Loans
- Small Business Debt Relief Program (for 7a and 504 SBA Loans)
- IRS Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
- IRS Tax Relief on IRA/Retirement Withdrawals
National COVID-19 News Resources
- Official Federal Government information and updates page.
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response .
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Corporate Aid Tracker, tracking the contributions of corporate and private businesses to help with COVID-19 needs.
- Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure workers During COVID-19 Response.
- U.S. Department of Labor – COVID-19 information including, common issues, its effects on wages, and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) Notice of Funding Opportunity for their $1.5 billion supplemental appropriations from the CARES Act
- U.S. Department of Treasury guidelines for the Paycheck Protection Program – with ongoing updates.
Announcements and Press Releases
- Press Release for the Emergency Funding Supplemental, to include relief to small businesses.
- Presidential Executive Orders in response to COVID-19
- Guidelines for Opening Up America Again from 4/16/20
- President Trump Announces Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
Specific Information Resources and Quick Guides
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Disaster Helpdesk for Business, an information concierge to assist small businesses with disaster readiness, relief & long-term recovery.
- Northwest Trade Adjustment Assitance Center (NWTAAC) – Information on the Federal Assistance Program for Northwest Manufactures.
- Small Business Administration – Free, one-on-one business advising is available through the SBA Resource Partnership network, as well as providing disaster assistance loans for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Emergency Disaster Loans fact sheet.
- Small Business Disaster Loan Assistance – Streamlined process requirements and online application portal.
- SBA FAQ on PPP and EIDL Programs
- SBA Guide to PPP, EIDL & EIDLA Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program – calculating maximum loan amounts by business type.
- PPP Lending Operations Update 4/29/2020
- List of 2020 Participating Credit Union Lenders (as of 4/10/20)
- SBA List of Lenders (as of 6/1/2020)
- SBA Form for PPP Loan Forgiveness – policy rules on how forgiveness will be calculated.
- PPP Revisions to First Interim Final Rule
- PPP Borrower Application Form Revised, June 2020.
- Individual Stimulus “Economic Impact Payment” program
- FEMA Advisory COVID-19 Best Practices
- The American Institute of CPA (AICPA) Recommendations for PPP Application and Forgiveness Process Guide
- IRS Notice 2020-32, Guidance on Federal Income Tax and the PPP
- Treasury Guidance on PPP Loans
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) – Recovery information and resources on a new site, www.reboundandrecovery.org.
- IRS COVID-19 information and guidance on tax relieve and economic impact payments.
- IRA withdrawal tax relief information from the IRS.
Private Companies Providing Free Services and Relief Programs
- Facebook – COVID-19 Business Resource Hub sharing provide businesses information and best practices.
- Faire – free financial calculator tool to help small businesses calculate the changes in their business with COVID-19.
- Fattmerchant – partnered with Gift Up! to allow its clients to sell virtual gift cards. Gift Up! is waiving its usual 3.49% fee for Fattmerchant’s members’ first $5,000 in gift card sales.
- GoFundMe – partnered with Yelp to allow donations through Yelp’s pages. The Yelp Foundation and GoFundMe have both pledged to donate up to $1 million to the Small Business Relief Fund.
- Honeycomb Credit, an investment crowdfunding platform, announced a small business relief loan program that’s providing $10,000 to $50,000 in working capital to qualifying businesses.
- Kabbage – created an online hub including a system through which businesses can sell gift cards to consumers for later use.
- Kangaroo – offering free (for three months) security camera and monitoring kits.
- Kiva – 0% interest loans for up to $15,000 with new borrowers can accessing a grace period of up to six months.
- Loom – free cash scenario planning tool that helps small business owners gauge the impact COVID-19.
- Nav – CARES Act SBA Loan Calculator to navigate the impacts of new legislation.
- Opportunity Fund – coronavirus relief fund providing grants and low-interest-rate loans to business owners in need.
- Ring – created a Neighbor Pledge initiative, which encourages groups to support local businesses.
- RXR Realty – created a volunteer platform.
- Seated – created a platform for restaurant owners to get professional advice from finance and law experts in the hospitality industry.
- For more detailed information about the above programs read Forbes’ Full Article.
Webinars and Other Tools
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center – NBEOC Dashboard is a live portal for posting questions for FEMA staff to answer. NBEOC is also hosting ongoing conference calls every Tuesday and Thursday for private sector businesses. Call-in information is 1-800-593-7177, #7963614
- FEMA COVID-19 questionnaire for businesses – To help FEMA learn how to better serve businesses during this outbreak, please send your answers to the FEMA Region 10 contact.
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion