National COVID-19 Information and Federal Resources for Your Business
Updated April 3, 2020 at 2:59 PM.
This page is dedicated to providing national information and links to federal resources. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page, you can find Washington State information here, or Pierce County information here.
National COVID-19 News Resources
- Official Federal Government information and updates page.
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response .
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Corporate Aid Tracker, tracking the contributions of corporate and private businesses to help with COVID-19 needs.
- Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure workers During COVID-19 Response.
- U.S. Department of Labor – COVID-19 information including, common issues, its effects on wages, and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Announcements and Press Releases
- Press Release for the Emergency Funding Supplemental, to include relief to small businesses.
- Presidential Executive Orders in response to COVID-19
- Remarks by President Trump and the White House in regards to COVID-19
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
Specific Information Resources, Programs and Quick Guides
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Disaster Helpdesk for Business, an information concierge to assist small businesses with disaster readiness, relief & long-term recovery.
- Northwest Trade Adjustment Assitance Center (NWTAAC) – Information on the Federal Assistance Program for Northwest Manufactures.
- Small Business Administration – Free, one-on-one business advising is available through the SBA Resource Partnership network, as well as providing disaster assistance loans for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Emergency Disaster Loans fact sheet.
Webinars and Other Tools
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center – NBEOC Dashboard is a live portal for posting questions for FEMA staff to answer. NBEOC is also hosting ongoing conference calls every Tuesday and Thursday for private sector businesses. Call-in information is 1-800-593-7177, #7963614
- FEMA COVID-19 questionnaire for businesses – To help FEMA learn how to better serve businesses during this outbreak, please send your answers to the FEMA Region 10 contact.
- U.S. Department of Labor is hosting a national online dialogue to provide employers and employees an opportunity to offer their perspective on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Your ideas and comments will inform assistance guidance, resources, tools, and outreach approaches. Participate online from March 23 – March 29, or follow the Twitter chat hosted by @ePolicyWorks on March 25, at 2pm using #EPWChat. Full program and call details here.
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion