National COVID-19 Information and Federal Resources for Your Business
Updated June 12, 2020 at 9:25 AM.
This page is dedicated to providing national information and links to federal resources. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page, you can find Washington State information here, or Pierce County information here.
National COVID-19 News Resources
- Official Federal Government information and updates page.
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response .
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Corporate Aid Tracker, tracking the contributions of corporate and private businesses to help with COVID-19 needs.
- Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure workers During COVID-19 Response.
- U.S. Department of Labor – COVID-19 information including, common issues, its effects on wages, and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) Notice of Funding Opportunity for their $1.5 billion supplemental appropriations from the CARES Act
- U.S. Department of Treasury guidelines for the Paycheck Protection Program – with ongoing updates.
Announcements and Press Releases
- Press Release for the Emergency Funding Supplemental, to include relief to small businesses.
- Presidential Executive Orders in response to COVID-19
- Executive Order on Preventing Hoarding of Health and Medical Resources.
- Memorandum on Providing Support for Governors’ use of National Guard.
- Executive Order on Prioritizing and Allocating Health and Medical Resources.
- Proclamation on Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Guidelines for Opening Up America Again from 4/16/20
- Refunding of Emergency
- Remarks by President Trump and the White House in regards to COVID-19
- From 3/24/2020 Virtual Town Hall
- From 3/23/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- Factsheet on Price Gouging and Hoarding of Critical Supplies from 3/23/2020
- “30 Days to Slow the Spread” Guidelines
- From 3/30/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/1/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/3/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/3/2020 Meeting with Energy Sector CEOs
- From 4/5/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/6/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/7/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From America Cares: Small Business Relief Update Meeting
- From 4/8/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/9/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/10/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/9/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/10/2020 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/14/2020 Meeting with Healthcare Executives
- From 4/14/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/16/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/17/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/18/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/20/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- From 4/21/20 Task Force Press Briefing
- Announces Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
Specific Information Resources, Programs and Quick Guides
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Disaster Helpdesk for Business, an information concierge to assist small businesses with disaster readiness, relief & long-term recovery.
- Northwest Trade Adjustment Assitance Center (NWTAAC) – Information on the Federal Assistance Program for Northwest Manufactures.
- Small Business Administration – Free, one-on-one business advising is available through the SBA Resource Partnership network, as well as providing disaster assistance loans for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Emergency Disaster Loans fact sheet.
- Small Business Disaster Loan Assistance – Streamlined process requirements and online application portal.
- SBA FAQ on PPP and EIDL Programs
- SBA Guide to PPP, EIDL & EIDLA Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program – calculating maximum loan amounts by business type.
- PPP Lending Operations Update 4/29/2020
- List of 2020 Participating Bank Lenders (as of 4/15/2020)
- List of 2020 Participating Credit Union Lenders (as of 4/10/20)
- SBA List of Lenders (as of 6/1/2020)
- SBA Form for PPP Loan Forgiveness – policy rules on how forgiveness will be calculated.
- PPP Revisions to First Interim Final Rule
- PPP Borrower Application Form Revised, June 2020.
- Individual Stimulus “Economic Impact Payment” program
- FEMA Advisory COVID-19 Best Practices
- The American Institute of CPA (AICPA) Recommendations for PPP Application and Forgiveness Process Guide
- IRS Notice 2020-32, Guidance on Federal Income Tax and the PPP
- Treasury Guidance on PPP Loans
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) – Recovery information and resources on a new site, www.reboundandrecovery.org.
Private Companies Providing Free Services and Relief Programs
- Amazon – $5 million Neighborhood Small Business Relief Fund to provide cash grants to local Seattle small businesses from March 26 to April 30.
- Bacardi – $3 million in relief to bars and restaurants as part of its #RaiseYourSpirits campaign.
- Bumble is giving $5,000 grants to 200 struggling small businesses across 11 countries, US submissions now closed.
- Facebook – $100 million grant for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 while also launching the Business Resource Hub to provide businesses information and best practices.
- Faire – free financial calculator tool to help small businesses calculate the changes in their business with COVID-19.
- Fattmerchant – partnered with Gift Up! to allow its clients to sell virtual gift cards. Gift Up! is waiving its usual 3.49% fee for Fattmerchant’s members’ first $5,000 in gift card sales.
- Freelancers Union – relief fund offering up to $1,000 per freelance household, currently waiting on refunding.
- GoFundMe – partnered with Yelp to allow donations through Yelp’s pages. The Yelp Foundation and GoFundMe have both pledged to donate up to $1 million to the Small Business Relief Fund.
- Goldman Sachs – announced an initiatives package to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Google’s pledge to donate $800 million for COVID-19 provides relief through free credits for Ads and Cloud space.
- Honeycomb Credit, an investment crowdfunding platform, announced a small business relief loan program that’s providing $10,000 to $50,000 in working capital to qualifying businesses.
- James Beard Foundation – Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund to provide microgrants to independent food and beverage small businesses, expecting further rounds of funding in April and May.
- JPMorgan – $50 million to help struggling customers, and $8 million in aid to small businesses.
- Kabbage – created an online hub including a system through which businesses can sell gift cards to consumers for later use.
- Kangaroo – offering free (for three months) security camera and monitoring kits.
- Kiva – 0% interest loans for up to $15,000 with new borrowers can accessing a grace period of up to six months.
- Loom – free cash scenario planning tool that helps small business owners gauge the impact COVID-19.
- MainVest – $2,000, 0% interest, 120-day loan for restaurants or other brick-and-mortars.
- Mark Cuban Cos. – reimbursing employees for purchases from local independent small businesses.
- Nav – CARES Act SBA Loan Calculator to navigate the impacts of new legislation.
- Opportunity Fund – coronavirus relief fund providing grants and low-interest-rate loans to business owners in need.
- Revel Systems – created a $1 million Revel Relief Program.
- Ring – created a Neighbor Pledge initiative, which encourages groups to support local businesses.
- RXR Realty – created a volunteer platform.
- Seated – created a platform for restaurant owners to get professional advice from finance and law experts in the hospitality industry.
- SheaMoisture – $1 million relief fund for minority-owned businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Spanx by Sara Blakely Foundation – $5 million to support women-owned businesses affected by COVID-19, while also teaming up with GlobalGiving to establish The Red Backpack Fund, which will provide 1,000 grants of $5,000 to female entrepreneurs. Expecting further rounds of funding in April and May.
- The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation – Restaurant Employee Relief Fund providing grants on a first-come first-served basis to restaurant owners and employees in need.
- The Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation – COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund is currently accepting donations with relief packages to follow.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Save Small Business Fund in partnership with Vistaprint that will provide $5,000 grants to small businesses. No longer accepting applications.
- Wefunder – Coronavirus Crisis Loans program enabling small businesses to crowdfund loans of $20,000 to $1 million from supporters.
- Yelp – $25 million in coronavirus relief for in the form of waived advertising fees, free advertising, products, and services.
- For more detailed information about the above programs read Forbes’ Full Article.
Webinars and Other Tools
- FEMA National Business Emergency Operations Center – NBEOC Dashboard is a live portal for posting questions for FEMA staff to answer. NBEOC is also hosting ongoing conference calls every Tuesday and Thursday for private sector businesses. Call-in information is 1-800-593-7177, #7963614
- FEMA COVID-19 questionnaire for businesses – To help FEMA learn how to better serve businesses during this outbreak, please send your answers to the FEMA Region 10 contact.
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion