State of Washington COVID-19 Information and Resources for Your Business
Updated March 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM.
This page is dedicated to providing Washington state-specific information and resources. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page, or here for Pierce County information.
State COVID-19 News Resources
- Official Washington State Coronavirus Response Page
- Washington Department of Health – The State of Washington’s health department and go-to for state updates and legislative changes.
- Washington State Department of Commerce information on COVID-19 insurance for businesses and events.
Announcements and Press Releases
- Proclamation by Governor Jay Inslee, 20-25 “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” announced 3/23/2020, along with Washington’s Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers list. Gov. Inslee writes more about “Stay Home – Stay Healthy” and the video of the 3/23/2020 press conference.
- Washington Essential Critical Infrastructure online portal. Find out more about “what is an essential business”, and request an exception for your business here.
- A message from Governor Jay Inslee from March 6, 2020.
- Press Release for the Emergency Funding Supplemental, to include relief to small businesses.
- Proclamation 20-22, by Gov. Jay Inslee for Truck Driver Hours – waivers and updates.
- Proclamation 20-05, by Gov. Jay Inslee announcing the State of Emergency for Washington.
- Inslee Announces Washington’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan
- Inslee Construction Working Group Recommendations for Phase 1 Construction Restart Job Site Requirements
- Inslee introduces the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Dashboard (published 4/29/2020)
- State of Washington Re-Entry Diagram
- Working Washington Small Business Grants: Round 1 Recipient map – interactive map that shows the grant recipients as well as a summary by county.
- Working Washington Small Business Grants: Round 2 Recipient map – interactive map that shows the grant recipient.
State of Washington Programs
- Working Washington Small Business Grant: Round 4
- Washington State Financial Resources for Residents Impacted by COVID-19
- Washington State Department of Commerce Nonprofit Assistance Program
- Washington State Department of Revenue Business Relief
Washington Business Information Resources
- Washington State Coronavirus Web Portal
- Employment Security Department
Ongoing COVID-19 news and updates.
Scenarios & Benefits Available Factsheet.
SharedWork layoff aversion program.
Paid Family Leave and Medical Leave program.
Unemployment Benefits Application Checklist
Expanded Pandemic Unemployment Benefits Guide
Unemployment information for self-employed or independent contractors
Expanded Unemployment Benefits Application Checklist
Labor Market and Economic Analysis Data for Businesses
- Washington Small Business Development Center – The WSBDC is providing advising, business resiliency information as well as daily business resilience training webinars.
- StartUp Washington – Part of the Washington State Department of Commerce, StartUp Washington has a list of information and updates as well as their startup, entrepreneur, and small business strategy programs.
- Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) – Business relief programs during COVID-19.
- Washington State Insurance Commissioner – Find information on different types of insurance may be affected by COVID-19.
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Businesses Toolkit
- Madrona Toolkit
- Parker, Smith & Feek, Creating a Return to Work Action Plan
- New resource for small businesses struggling to find PPP lenders and other resources: www.SmallBizHelpWA.com
Business Quick Resource Guides
- Washington Portal for Essential Businesses
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) – Fast facts for business as well as coordinating conference calls and live Q&A meetings with.
- Washington Retail Association – COVID-19 Retailer Resource Guide.
- Washington Hospitality Association – COVID-19 Information Page.
- SBA List of Washington Lenders for the Paycheck Protection Program as of June 2020.
- Wilson Abers – Alera Connection, Phase 2 Workforce Compliance Update and Employer Strategy Guide.
Employer Health Tools
- AWB’s PPE Request Form
- US Chamber Employee Screening Questionnaire
- On-Site Health Screening Guide
- Daily Self-Screening Protocol
- In-Depth Hand-Washing Instructions
- Social Distancing Instructions for Every Scenario
- Cleaning Your Workstation – How To
- Communications Checklist
- Medical Leaves Policy
- Remote Work Policy
Webinars and Other Tools
- Washington Employment Securities Department – WebEX sessions on Unemployment Insurance: Tuesday, March 23 – Friday, March 27, from 3pm-4pm each day. Join meeting here, call-in passwords and more information here.
- Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) – weekly COVID-19 Employer Resources Webinar every Monday.
- Economic Resiliency Team (ERT) Business Response Center – web portal for business inquiries during the COVID-19 pandemic. Fill out this form to send in your question to the team.
Small Business Tools
- The Small Business Playbook – How to Start a Business in Washington State
- Entrepreneur Academy – An 11 lesson series teaching essential business skills to prospective business owners.
- Small Business Resource Site – Washington State Small Business Recovery Working Group
- Small Business Crisis Planner – Planning For and Navigating Through a Crisis
- Business Toolkit & PPE Marketplace – Association of Washington Business
- Step-by-Step Business Planning Guide – King County
- Business Resiliency Toolkit – Washington Small Business Development Center (WSBDC)
- Business Planning Tools & Resources – Washington State Emergency Management Division
- Workplace & Employer Resources – Washington State Department of Health
- Manufacturing Industry Resources – Impact Washington
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- Commerce Twitter Updates
How to Report Fraudulent Unemployment Claims in WA State
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion