Pierce County Specific COVID-19 Information and Resources for Your Business
Updated February 2, 2020 at 2:16 PM.
This page is dedicated to providing Pierce County and community-specific information. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page. You can also find more information on our Washington focus page and our nationally focused page.
Pierce County COVID-19 Testing
Program currently on hold to fulfill existing requests. Please keep checking the Pierce County page for updates.
Pierce County brings FREE testing to you with mobile testing stations in the community. Identification is NOT required. Results are available in 24-48 hours.
Locations and more information here.
Pierce County CARES Report
Pierce County Safe Start
Current COVID-19 restrictions are in place until January 4, 2021.
Pierce County has created a page dedicated to information for businesses and residents, including an easy to share and post infographic.
You can find all of their information on the Pierce County Safe Start Page.
Rapid Response South Sound
The EDB and Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber have teamed up to create the Rapid Response South Sound. The response team and their panel of experts are here to answer all of your COVID-19 related questions for the next 90 days!
Head to the Rapid Response South Sound Website to learn more.
The Milgard School – Students Assisting Businesses (SAB) Program
The Milgard School of The University of Washington Tacoma has launched a program called SAB (students assisting businesses). Through this program student interns are assigned to small local companies free of cost for about a month. Find more information about this program here.
Community News Resources
- Pierce County Information Page
- City of Auburn Information Page
- City of Bonney Lake Information Page
- City of Buckley News Updates
- City of DuPont Information Page
- City of Eatonville Information Page
- City of Edgewod Information Page
- City of Fife Information Page
- City of Fircrest Information Page
- City of Gig Harbor Information Page
- City of Lakewood Information Page
- City of Milton Information Page
- City of Orting News Updates
- City of Pacific Information Page
- City of Puyallup News Updates
- City of Roy News Updates
- City of Ruston News Updates
- City of Sumner Information Page
- City of Tacoma Information Page
- City of University Place News Updates
- Town of Steilacoom News Updates
Local COVID-19 News Resources
- COVID-19 Business Resources Webinar/Conference Call – Hosted by the EDB and Tacoma-Pierce Chamber of Commerce, every Monday & Wednesday!
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department – Go-to information for specifically Pierce County. You can find overall healthfulness tips, a page dedicated to the Human Coronavirus, and COVID-19 information for businesses.
- Pierce County Government Coronavirus Impact Page – Go-to information for updates to Pierce County courts, departments, and other services. You can also find business-specific information.
- Pierce County ALERT – Free emergency text alert system, allows fire, police and other agencies dealing with emergency response to send out accurate and up-to-date information to residents.
- Make it Tacoma (City of Tacoma) – COVID-19 resources and information specifically for the City of Tacoma.
- Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU) – COVID-19 news page provides updates and information on assistance programs.
- Pierce Transit live COVID-19 updates page and text message sign up for ongoing (specific) route updates.
- Sound Transit live COVID-19 updates page.
- Pierce County Vaccine Updates Page
Other Community Resources and Programs
Pierce County CARES: FREE PPE
Warehouse closed for the rest of the year, distribution will resume January 8, 2021.
Pierce County is offering FREE Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to businesses physically located in Pierce County to help them comply with COVID-19 worksite-specific safety practices in order to protect employees and customers.
Announcements and Press Releases
- A message from Pierce County Executive Bruce Dammeier on how Pierce County is responding to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Emergency Proclamation.
- Pierce County COVID-19 Video Updates:
- Video Update 1
- Video Update 2: Restriction on gatherings over 250
- Video Update 3: School Closures in Pierce County
- Video Update 4: Student Meal Pickup Locations and Case Updates
- Video Update 5: Spotlight on Ventilator Parts Manufacturer in Pierce County
- Video Update 6: What is Open and Closed in Pierce County
- Video Update 7: Temporary Care Center in Pierce County
- Pierce County Executive provides an update on business resources at Town Hall on 3/22/20.
- Pierce County Ordinance No. 2020-42, approving $640,000 to be appropriated for loans to vulnerable small businesses with ten or fewer employees.
- Impact Washington Update (June 2020) – $1.2M Available to Aid Washington Based Manufacturers Recover from the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Specific Information Resources and Quick Guides
- Pierce County COVID-19 resources and Q&A quick guide.
- WorkForce Central – Sharing a variety of workforce specific information.
- Lakewood Chamber of Commerce – List of restaurants #OpenForDelivery or take out in Lakewood, reach out to the Lakewood Chamber if you’re interested in being added to the list.
- City of Sumner – List of restaurants #OpenForDelivery or take out in Sumner, reach out to the City of Sumner if you’re interested in being added to the list.
- Tacoma Health Department Reopening Toolkit
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Reopening Playbook
Webinars and Other Tools
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday weekly webinar/conference call hosted by the EBD, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber, and Kitsap County Economic Development Alliance.
- Impact Washington Manufacturer Back to Work Measures & Controls Webinar, 11:00am – 11:45am April 28, April 30, May 5, May 7.
- Rapid Response South Sound, Frequently Asked Questions Page.
- Transportation, Warehousing, and Logistics EDB, NWSA & Workforce Central Webinar – EDB Presentation, NWSA Presentation, Workforce Central Presentation. Listen Here.
Aerospace Business Resources Webinar
- Zoom Video Recording of 7/28/2020 Live Webinar
- EDB Aerospace Business Resources Presentation
- WorkForce Central Aerospace Business Resources Presentation
- NWTAAC Aeorpsace Business Information Presentation
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion