Pierce County Specific COVID-19 Information and Resources for Your Business
Updated May 20, 2020 at 6:40 PM.
This page is dedicated to providing Pierce County and community-specific information. For general COVID-19 information and links, please return to our main page. You can also find more information on our Washington focus page and our nationally focused page.
Pierce County CARES: Providing FREE PPE for businesses.
Pierce County is now making personal protective equipment (PPE) available to Pierce County businesses for free, in an effort to assist them with COVID-19 workplace safety practices, along with protecting employees and customers.
PPE products available include disposable, non-surgical masks, and infrared forehead thermometers. Businesses are able to put in a request for PPE while supplies last.
To receive PPE, complete the request form available now at www.PierceCountyWA.gov/BusinessPPE and select what type of PPE is needed.
For more information, contact the Pierce County Economic Development Department at (253) 798-6150 or PCBizPPE@piercecountywa.gov.
Rapid Response South Sound
The EDB and Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber have teamed up to create the Rapid Response South Sound. The response team and their panel of experts are here to answer all of your COVID-19 related questions for the next 90 days!
Head to the Rapid Response South Sound Website to learn more.
Impact Washington Back to Work Best Practices Webinar
The EDB and Impact WA are pleased to announce an opportunity for manufacturers to access technical assistance and support.
Time: 11:00am – 11:45am
Webinar Dates: April 28, April 30, May 5, and May 7
For call-in details for each webinar view the webinar flyer.
Puyallup-Sumner Chamber of Commerce
Ongoing weekly conference call every Thursday at 3:00 PM, with changing panelists. To ask a question to the panelist’s email email@example.com.
Join Zoom Meeting – https://zoom.us/j/390036164
Meeting ID: 390 036 164
Via telephone (audio only): +1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 390 036 164
Community News Resources
- Pierce County Information Page
- City of Auburn Information Page
- City of Bonney Lake Information Page
- City of Buckley News Updates
- City of DuPont Information Page
- City of Eatonville Information Page
- City of Edgewod Information Page
- City of Fife Information Page
- City of Fircrest Information Page
- City of Gig Harbor Information Page
- City of Lakewood Information Page
- City of Milton Information Page
- City of Orting News Updates
- City of Pacific Information Page
- City of Puyallup News Updates
- City of Roy News Updates
- City of Ruston News Updates
- City of Sumner Information Page
- City of Tacoma Information Page
- City of University Place News Updates
- Town of Steilacoom News Updates
Local COVID-19 News Resources
- COVID-19 Business Resources Webinar/Conference Call – Hosted by the EDB and Tacoma-Pierce Chamber of Commerce, every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department – Go-to information for specifically Pierce County. You can find overall healthfulness tips, a page dedicated to the Human Coronavirus, and COVID-19 information for businesses.
- Pierce County Government Coronavirus Impact Page – Go-to information for updates to Pierce County courts, departments, and other services. You can also find business-specific information.
- Pierce County ALERT – Free emergency text alert system, allows fire, police and other agencies dealing with emergency response to send out accurate and up-to-date information to residents.
- Make it Tacoma (City of Tacoma) – COVID-19 resources and information specifically for the City of Tacoma.
- Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU) – COVID-19 news page provides updates and information on assistance programs.
- Pierce Transit live COVID-19 updates page and text message sign up for ongoing (specific) route updates.
- Sound Transit live COVID-19 updates page.
Announcements and Press Releases
- A message from Pierce County Executive Bruce Dammeier on how Pierce Couty is responding to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Emergency Proclamation.
- Pierce County COVID-19 Video Updates:
- Pierce County Executive provides an update on business resources at Town Hall on 3/22/20.
- Pierce County Ordinance No. 2020-42, approving $640,000 to be appropriated for loans to vulnerable small businesses with ten or fewer employees.
Specific Information Resources, Programs and Quick Guides
- Pierce County Emergency Small Busines Loan Relief Program, The Pierce County Council expanded this loan program on April 21, 2020 to include employers with up to 20 employees for businesses located anywhere in Pierce County, including incorporated cities.
- Pierce County COVID-19 resources and Q&A quick guide.
- Tacoma Public Utilities – TPU will not be shutting off utilities to businesses or residences during the COVID-19 outbreak. Emergency Assistance Program and Bill Credit Assistance Plan.
- Puget Sound Energy – PSE will not be shutting off utilities to businesses or residences during the COVID-19 outbreak. Payment plans, Choosing a New Bill Date, and Emergency Assistance Portal.
- City of Tacoma – Deferral of Quarterly B&O Taxes, Micro-Loans Program (coming soon!)
- WorkForce Central – Sharing a variety of workforce specific information.
- Lakewood Chamber of Commerce – List of restaurants #OpenForDelivery or take out in Lakewood, reach out to the Lakewood Chamber if you’re interested in being added to the list.
- City of Lakewood Small Business Assistance Program coming soon.
- City of Sumner – List of restaurants #OpenForDelivery or take out in Sumner, reach out to the City of Sumner if you’re interested in being added to the list.
Webinars and Other Tools
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday weekly webinar/conference call hosted by the EBD, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber, and Kitsap County Economic Development Alliance.
- Impact Washington Manufacturer Back to Work Measures & Controls Webinar, 11:00am – 11:45am April 28, April 30, May 5, May 7.
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion