News and Resources for Your Businesses
Updated June 3, 2020 at 7:58 AM
Pierce county is open for business! We know that you are all working to keep your businesses running and profitable and we want to do everything we can to help. Information sharing and models of best practices will be key to our collective success. We are all in this together!
Vital Loan and Grant Programs
- Emergency Injury Disaster Loan and Advance ($10,000 Grant)
- Payroll Protection Program
- Working Washington Small Business Emergency Grant Program
- Small Business Debt Relief Program (for 7a and 504 SBA Loans)
- Individual Stimulus “Economic Impact Payment”
- Pierce County Emergency Small Business Relief Program, updated with new criteria as of April 21, 2020.
How to Report Fraudulent Unemployment Claims in WA State
Rapid Response South Sound
The EDB and Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber have teamed up to create the Rapid Response South Sound. The response team and their panel of experts are here to answer all of your COVID-19 related questions for the next 90 days!
Head to the Rapid Response South Sound Website to learn more.
Ongoing Monday, Wednesday, Friday Business Information Webinar
The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County are launching a series of regular conference calls to discuss the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. Now co-hosting with the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber and Kitsap Economic Development Alliance, we will cover what is known to date about existing and emerging assistance to companies and employees impacted by COVID-19.
Please join our panel for an in-depth discussion of issues for our businesses that have arisen due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
NEXT CALL: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Call Opens at 10:45am and go from 11:00am-12:00pm
Re-Opening Tool-Kits, and Recovery Resources
- www.backtoworktoolkit.com – A toolkit for reopening the office and getting back to work. Joint project led by Madrona alongside Seattle Venture Community, leading Tech, Retail, and Aerospace Companies in the region and lead the Seattle Metro and Bellevue Chambers of Commerce
- Creating a Return to Work Action Plan – provide by Parker, Smith & Feek, thoughtful guidance (that follows CDC guidelines) and template for a company to use in creating their own back to work plan.
- www.ReboundAndRecovery.org – Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) site dedicated to information and resources in regards to business reopening and recovery.
- Reopening Business Digital Resource Center – US Chamber of Commerce portal for detailed information for businesses broken down by state, sector, and businesses in addition to tools and other resources.
Pierce County Companies are Hiring
WorkSource Pierce is diligently updating information and adding new job postings through their site and social media pages.
Learn more on their page here.
Impact Washington Back to Work Best Practices Webinar
The EDB and Impact WA are pleased to announce an opportunity for manufacturers to access technical assistance and support.
Time: 11:00am – 11:45am
Webinar Dates: April 28, April 30, May 5, and May 7
For call-in details for each webinar view the webinar flyer.
Dependable Health News Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus information page.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – Coronavirus Information page.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – COVID-19 response page.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department (TPCHD) – Coronavirus information page.
Navigating Resources and Information Guides
We know that there is a lot of information out there, and sometimes it is hard to simply find the answer to what this means for your company or employees. The EDB and other community partners have come together to create some quick resource guides to help.
Contact the EDB
If you come across additional information please send it to us and we will share it.
Vice President for Business Retention and Expansion