JOB ANNOUNCEMENT for VICE PRESIDENT – BUSINESS RECRUITMENT
The Economic Development Board of Tacoma-Pierce County has an opportunity for a Vice President for Business Recruitment to join their team.
The Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County recruits and retains primary businesses in the South Sound. Over the past ten years the EDB has worked with companies that have invested more than one billion dollars in Pierce County and created more than 14,000 jobs.
The Vice President for Business Recruitment will be the organization’s lead recruiter. This highly skilled professional will work with domestic and international clients considering locations in Tacoma-Pierce County. This person will design and execute strategies to land primary employers in incorporated and unincorporated areas of Pierce County. The ideal candidate will be a global thinker, have strong business acumen, and a track record of accomplishment. This person will work well in teams and be able to handle large, complex tasks independently. This position will report directly to the EDB President & CEO and will have an impact on jobs and wealth creation in the South Sound.
Business Recruitment (85%)
- Respond to inquiries from primary businesses considering locations in Pierce County, WA
- Develop and implement targeted recruitment strategies domestically and internationally
- Manage delivery of technical, financing, and incentive assistance to prospect companies, including coordinating projects from start to finish
- Craft unique responses to diverse client needs
- Work with local jurisdictions, workforce groups, and business groups to find solutions to challenges faced by the EDB’s clients
- Coordinate with cluster acceleration teams
- Maintain site selector database and relationships
- Other duties as assigned
Cluster Acceleration (10%)
- Assist with Cluster Acceleration Team(s) as assigned by CEO
Continuing Education (5%)
- Participate in conferences and other educational opportunities as appropriate
- Stay current with economic development trends and innovations at the local, national and global levels
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a position of similar or relatable responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of experience that includes working with private business leaders, developers, building owners, elected officials and public sector staff
- A. degree or equivalent
- Excellent writer
- Excellent public speaker
- Experience working on time-sensitive, confidential projects
- Experience working in teams
- Experience working independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
SALARY / WAGE / BENEFITS
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity for year-end bonus
Position open until 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 19, 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Email your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: ResCare Workforce Services is recruiting on behalf of the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County.
Business Solutions Manager
ResCare Workforce Services
253-448-9247 | Julia.email@example.com