JOB ANNOUNCEMENT for MANAGER- CLIENT SERVICES
WANTED: SMART, HIGH-ENERGY CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER!
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: The Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County recruits and retains primary businesses in the South Sound. Over the past ten years the EDB has worked with companies that have invested more than one billion dollars in Pierce County and created more than 14,000 jobs.
The EDB has an exciting opportunity for a Client Services Manager to join the team!
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Client Services Manager will work with the vice presidents for business retention and business recruitment, the CEO, and other team members, to assist primary companies grow jobs and investment in Tacoma-Pierce County. This is a fantastic opportunity to partner with dynamic corporate leaders and economic development professionals to make a real difference in the community. The ideal candidate will be smart, organized, high-energy, and collaborative. This person will work well in teams and be able to handle large, complex tasks independently. This position will report directly to the CEO.
Business Retention and Recruitment (85%)
- Provide professional support for the EDB’s business retention and business recruitment programs, working closely with the Vice Presidents of each program
- Assist with meeting individually with a minimum of 200 Tacoma-Pierce County primary businesses annually
- Assist with delivery of technical and financing assistance to retain and expand existing primary businesses
- Assist with responses to immediate concerns of retention targets as they are determined and refer to appropriate public agencies and/or business groups as necessary
- Assist with responses to inquiries from new primary businesses considering locations in Pierce County, WA
- Assist in developing and implementing targeted recruitment strategies domestically and internationally
- Help manage delivery of technical, financing, and incentive assistance to prospect companies
- Assist with market research and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Strategic coordination (10%)
- Assist the CEO on strategic plans for the organization
Continuing Education (5%)
- Participate in conferences and other educational opportunities as appropriate.
- Stay current with economic development trends and innovations at the local, national and global levels.
- Minimum two years’ experience in similar or relatable responsibility
- BA degree or equivalent
- Excellent writer and speaker
- Excellent team-mate
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who completes tasks in timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Research skills
SALARY / WAGE / BENEFITS: $55,000 – $65,000 + bonus opportunity + benefits
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until 5:00 p.m., October 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Email your cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to EDB Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.